Monday, May 2, 2011

A LOT HAS HAPPEN SINCE MY LAST POST

I did my last post on December 1st. December 4th I had been scheduled to do a booksigning for the Westchest County SPCA. On that I had gotten into my car, drove out of the garage, went about 2 blocks had suffered a major heart attack. Luckily a Public Safety vehicle saw my car moving every slowing, when it stopped, they approached my car and saw I had passed out. They broke the window and opened the door of my car, pulling me out and started CPR, and then used a defibrillator to start my heart again. I then spent about 2 1/2 months in two hospital and a nursing home for rehab.

When I got home in the middle of February, I had over 2,500 emails in my various accounts/screen names. Once that got done I proceeded to re-read and re-edit the manuscripts for my two other children's books.

My children's, "A Lesson My Cat Taught Me" came out as self-published on October
2nd and I started to promote it at the same time. My heart attack brought an end to my promotion efforts which I didn't start again until the beginning of March. I knew I had more email accounts that the ones I had already gone through, and I knew at least two blogs but I could not remember what they were, etc.

Just "googled" myself I found I had this blog today I felt I had to try to do an update on my status. Anyway I just received my first royalty check as a self-publised author...nothing to talk about it's a start.

Anyway, tonight I've got back to entering the changes I've done to my paranormal romance since my last set of revisions, once I've completed that it's back to another set re-reading/re-editing, since I will now be looking at the manuscript with a "new set of eye."

I am a member of SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, the RWA (Romance Writers of America). Towards the end of last year I also joined the CWA (Cat Writers of America).

Lastly, I am being to formulater a fourth manuscript for a children's book which will be revolving around a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment